Thank you for your interest in supporting PAWS of CNY. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit that is managed by volunteers and sustained by support and donations from our community. Here are some ways to help us bring pet-assisted wellness services to Central New York:
1. Help Us Grow – If you know of a compassionate adult and a well-behaved, and well-mannered dog or cat who may be a good candidate for pet therapy service, please encourage them to submit an application on our website.
If you don’t have a dog or cat and would still like to volunteer your time to support PAWS of CNY by helping with recruitment, fundraising or events, click here to submit a human-only application.
2. Donate – We never charge for pet therapy services. Donations are never expected but always appreciated.
PAWS of CNY, Inc. is a charitable, 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Here are some of the ways your charitable financial contribution is allocated:
- Support services necessary to keep PAWS of CNY operating (postage, office supplies, office equipment, web hosting, database hosting, phone service)
- Pet therapy certification testing room rental
- Educational outreach materials
- Marketing material development
- Continuing education for volunteers and administrators
- Volunteer appreciation events
4. College Student Internships – PAWS has internship positions available every semester (Summer too) non-paid for college credit. PAWS interns attend events, fundraise, help with promotion, attend meetings, and complete special projects for our organization all while gaining insight into the world of non-profit, pet therapy, and volunteer organizations.
5. Support the United Way – PAWS of CNY is a proud member of the United Way. Please consider supporting PAWS of CNY through your employer’s annual campaign.